October 17, 2010
August 30, 2010
These little cake bites seem like they are all the rage right now. I made these to go along with my son's birthday cake. They are very rich; but delicious and very versatile. You can pick any cake mix flavor and any frosting you want. Mix and Match. Be Creative. Here's how I did it:
August 27, 2010
July 21, 2010
July 15, 2010
July 07, 2010
July 06, 2010
This recipe is from Picky Palate, which is an amazing recipe blog! I made these twice in a week, they are very good. I would recommend making them with plenty of time to have the chocolate set up. I made them in the morning for the after dinner dessert, and they turned out perfect! Here is the recipe:
Batch Prepared in 8×8 inch baking pan
1 box of your favorite brownie mix
4 1/2 full Graham Crackers
3 1/2 Full size Hershey’s Bars
16 large marshmallows
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Line foil into an 8×8 inch baking pan and spray generously with cooking spray. Pour half the brownie batter into lined pan. Layer graham crackers over brownies following Hershey Bars and marshmallows. Pour remaining brownie batter over marshmallows. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick comes mostly clean from center. Remove from oven and let cool completely. Carefully remove foil and brownies from pan. Peel any foil from away from edges and cut into squares.
Click HERE to see the recipe with additional pictures on Picky Palate.
*picture from Picky Palate
July 01, 2010
June 30, 2010
3 cups boiling water, divided
2 pkg. (4-serving size each) JELL-O Berry Blue Flavor Gelatin
2 cups ice cubes, divided
2 pkg. (8 oz. each) Cream Cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
2 pkg. (4-serving size each) JELL-O Strawberry Flavor Gelatin, or any red flavor
2 cups halved strawberries
1/2 cup blueberries
STIR 1-1/2 cups of the boiling water into dry blue gelatin in medium bowl at least 2 min. until completely dissolved. Add 1 cup of the ice cubes; stir until ice is completely melted. Pour into 13x9-inch dish. Refrigerate 20 min. or until gelatin is set but not firm.
PLACE cream cheese, sugar and half of the whipped topping in large bowl; beat until well blended. Spoon over blue gelatin layer in dish; spread carefully to evenly cover gelatin layer. Stir remaining 1-1/2 cups boiling water into strawberry gelatin in separate bowl at least 2 min. until completely dissolved. Add remaining 1 cup ice cubes; stir until ice is completely melted. Let stand at room temperature 5 min. or until slightly thickened. Spoon over cream cheese layer in dish. Refrigerate 3 hours or until set.
SPREAD remaining whipped topping over dessert just before serving. Decorate with strawberries and blueberries to resemble a flag. Store leftover dessert in refrigerator
To see TONS of 4th of July recipes, crafts, and decorations, check out the link party at craftaholics anonymous:
June 29, 2010
June 24, 2010
- AMC Theaters: $1 summer movies, every Tuesday at 10 am, click HERE to see the movie showings (locations in Castle Rock, Parker, Highlands Ranch, Aurora, Littleton, Denver, Arvada, Evergreen, Westminster, Broomfield)
- Regal Theaters: FREE Family Film Festival: Movies at 10 am every Tuesday and Wednesday, click HERE to see the movie showings (locations in Englewood, Lakewood, Littleton, Sheridan, Longmont)
- Cinemark Theaters: Summer Movie Clubhouse: $1 per show or $10 for 5, click HERE to see more, (locations in Colorado Springs, Fort Collins, Greeley, Lakewood, Pueblo)
June 23, 2010
- 1 Tablespoon Canola Oil
- 1 Tablespoon All-purpose Flour
- 1 (10 oz.) can green enchilada sauce
- 1 (10 oz.) can red enchilada sauce
- 1 ½ cups Chicken Broth
- ½ teaspoons Salt
- ½ teaspoons Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Cilantro
- 1-½ - 2 pounds Ground Beef
- 1 whole Medium Onion, Finely Diced
- 2 cans (4 Ounce) Diced Green Chilies
- ½ teaspoons Salt
- extras to put in while assembling:
- 3 cups Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- ½ cups Chopped Black Olives
Start by making the sauce:
In a large saucepan over medium heat, add oil and flour and whisk together to make a paste, cooking for one minute. Pour in the red and green sauce, chicken broth, cilantro, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 30-45 minutes.
While the sauce is simmering, start the meat:
Brown the meat with onions in a skillet. Drain off fat. Stir in 2 cans diced green chilies and seasoned salt. Set aside.
Then assemble them:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour ½ cup sauce in bottom of baking pan. Spread to even out. Spoon meat, a little grated cheese, a little black olives, and spoonful of sauce in the center of tortilla. Roll up and place, seam down, in baking pan. Repeat until pan is filled. Pour extra sauce over enchiladas. Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly.
*My family LOVES rice, so I make Cilantro Lime Rice and put it inside the enchiladas as well.