Here is my sock bunny family (I got my idea from Family Fun, but I did mine a little different)
A close up on the back of them, cause I love the little fluffy tails
To make these, you will need:
kids socks (I used girl's size 3-5 years, and an infant sock for the baby)
3 Clear hair elastics
ribbon (whatever color you want, I used pink, blue and yellow)
pom poms (little ones for the noses, and medium ones for the tails)
hot glue gun and scissors
- First, cut out circles in the cardboard, I used the lid of a juice container to trace them.
- Put the cardboard circles in the bottom of the sock so it stands up.
- Fill with rice to just above the heel of the sock.
- Use a clear hair elastic to tie the top of it together (leaving an inch or so)
- Use some ribbon and tie it below the heel part to make the head/neck of the bunny
- Cut two slits in the top of the sock to make ears, and round them to an ear shape. (the infant sock worked perfectly for this, but the girl's sock didn't lay right, so I hot glued them in half, like this:
- Then glue on the googly eyes, and pom pom nose, and tail.
I am linked up with these parties: