March 04, 2010

Crock Pot Mexican Chicken

I saw this recipe from Becoming Betty, and she got it from Tasty Kitchen, which was started by the Pioneer Woman (who is pretty much my favorite), so you know it has to be good. When I read over the recipe, I thought "Wow, I must be a grown up now, I have all those ingredients"...I always thought that I'd need a house, my kids in school, and money, to be able to just find a recipe and already have all the ingredients, but NO. This is easy, simple, and in my husband's words "This is actually good." (um, thanks). Anyway, here it is, you NEED (let's see if you have it all already):

4-5 chicken breasts
1 jar of salsa
1 can black beans
1 can corn
8 oz. cream cheese (at room temp.)

Put the first four ingredients in the crock pot and cook on low for about 5 hours. (I did NOT drain the corn and it was a little juicy, but I thought it was good). Then take the chicken out and shred it. Cut up the cream cheese into about 12ish little cubes and put that and shredded chicken back into the crock pot, stir and cook for another hour. When it is done, serve it over rice, I made my cilantro lime rice with it, that I HIGHLY recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails